Atlantic City – AC Primetime Radio News. Show Notes for JULY 15, 2016. Sponsored by Lacey Cleaning & Get Smart Digital.
Blatstein held a party on Garden Pier. Many question that event. Dust-up at Council meeting over that.
- WAV club, Showboat, Party on pier. WavAC.com site is dead.
- Liens on AC property? No permits. Wants to buy it. Vague as to his plans
Council approved selling Garden Pier to developer Bart Blatstein…. for $1.5 million. Attorney for Glenn Straub, describes deal as risky for the city.
The Bader Field auction was postponed. The new deadline for bids is now Aug. 4. Straub says there were no bids. He didn’t put one in.
Taj Mahal AC looking for replacement workers? Strikers have til Monday to accept offer from Tony Rodio.
SEE AD > http://www.trumpemployment.com/
Atlantic City Gaming Revenue was down a bit for JUNE 2016, year over year. (yoy)
Resorts is UP 10% yoy Trump Taj was UP 13% yoy
- Will there be any shows at the Pinky Pavilion this summer ?
- A suggestion was made instead of 6 beach concerts use some of that money for things that have been eliminated like International Night, Broadway on the Boards, etc. These things brought people to the boardwalk and are being missed
- New Bike ordinance -12 noon. Needs to be enforced . BIKE vending machines in front of Claridge.
- Concerns raised about the proposed Open Container Law. Where does it stand?
- Tick tock. Nov 3 deadline. City needs plan to have balanced budget for 2017
- They can cut, downsize, shared services, outsource. Water company? Outsource Towing? Trash?
- They can also consider new MONEY MAKERS
- 4×4’s on beach
- Food trucks on beach
- More concerts on the beach
- Beach tags
- Councilman Marty Small wants to put wage tax on those who work here…but live elsewhere.
- Council wants $10 dollar room fee too?
- Council approved awarding a contract to a company to sell ads on the exterior of some city vehicles.
- GREAT IDEA New parking meters – When does installation begin ? Will it be in papers and other sources so residents and visitors will know about the upgrade
- Marijuana Laws. See Denver. Strict. Highly controlled. Much needed tax dollars. Stigma? Yes. So was gaming, alcohol, cigarettes, adult shops, go-go and strip clubs…
- Clean & Safe….2 critical components of an AC turnaround…..
- Beaches streets dunes dramatically cleaner.
- Boardwalk lighting, security cameras almost completely installed
- Central monitor
- Impactivate screens, wifi, smart phone chargers
Downbeach Jitney FAIL
- 45 day trial completed. Not renewed.
- Bad marketing. No appropriate advertising.
- RIDE SHORE SHUTTLE & Uber
Our favorite FOODIE PLACES…… in AC, and Downbeach area
- Wings….Ducktown tavern….. Honorable mention to Piccalli in AC…..and Roberts in Margate
- Ribs….. Kelseys in AC & BACK BAY BBQ causeway between Somers point & Longport.
- Best breakfast – Gilchrist
- Best seafood dinner – Crab Trap Somers point, Best take-out…and best 5 dollar fish sandwich – BARBERA Seafood.
- Best subs: tie– Saccos & White House
- Best Pizza – insane ingredients & toppings….Tony Baloney….Old school pizza…Carusos in Ventnor….Thin crust brick oven style…..I go with LISA’s in Ventnor.
- Best Burgers…..Wingcraft in AC.
- Best breads – tie – Rando & Formica
- Best cakes: Minos…Strawberry Shortcake Pleasantville & AC
- Best chocolate & fudge, candy…. Many…on Ocean City Boardwalk…… and we love SUGAR on the Boardwalk, in front of Caesars.
- Best coffee shop… # still love Starbucks in Margate…..but I love the fact that 7311 in Ventnor….has a bike rack….and small batch baked goods too.
- NEW PLACES to check out > OASIS in Margate. Next to Bocca. Coffees, ice cream, smoothies.
- Best sandwiches, Jewish delicacies. Downbeach Deli, Casels,…..and we are keeping our eyes on the new ‘Poppies’ in Ventnor. They took over Malelani.
- They blew up the basement cafeteria at Borgata….and introduced a real nice, more upscale food court….but they lost the BEST PLACE….for an old school, philly style….pork sandwich. TONY LUKES.
Did’ya know that Margate beaches are free every Thursday, now thru the end of Summer? Well, how about that. There’s also a fresh and tasty farmer’s market to enjoy on Thursdays as well.
Fresh Jersey produce, seafood and fresh baked goods can be had at the Margate Farmers Market; 8a-noon.
Plenty of sidewalk sales too. How about family movies by the beach?
Schedule for free movies by the beach in Margate:
- July 14, “Divergent Series: Insurgent”
- July 21, “Ant-Man”
- July 28, “Night at the Museum, Battle of the Smithsonian”
- 4, “Star Wars: The Force Awakens”
- 11, “Zootopia”
- 18, “Pitch Perfect 2”
- 25, “Back to the Future”