LISTEN> Sweet. ACprimetime was able to finagle some up-close & personal talk-time with Dr. Harvey Kesselman, President of Stockton University. While the good Doctor is crazy busy with bringing Stockton to the shores of Atlantic City by Fall 2018, he was kind enough to invite us in for a little digital chit-chat. It was informative and fun.
We packed up the mobile ACprimetime Radio Podcast Studio and pointed our GPS to the Galloway campus of the very impressive Stockton University.
Some topics discussed & stuff we learned:
- Mayflower Hotel, The original, temporary Stockton on the Boardwalk….back in 1971.
- Dr. Kesselman once had longer hair than me. Much longer. A beard too.
- We’re both South Philly & Delco (Delaware County, PA) guys.
- Stockton Safe vs Sanctuary.
- Atlantic City Campus, Island Campus or Boardwalk Campus?
- The skinny on those past Showboat issues.
- Yes, former Atlantic Club/Hilton/Golden Nugget property was considered, among other locations.
- Stockton is a designated ‘anchor’ project for Atlantic City. Creates positive ripple effect for Absecon Island economy.
- Dr. Kesselman is quite amused by my old Radio DJ name, Mel Toxic.
- I blatantly ask for a job at Stockton. I have no shame.
- Who are the smart peeps that design/develop Stockton expansion? Chris Paladino from AC Devco, Jingoli Construction, Stockton’s in-house, skilled architect/facility development staff
- Bader Field potential. Ice rink, baseball field, slice of Bader for research.