Atlantic City’s casinos are down again. The 7 operating casinos have seen revenue declines for the past few months. Total revenue was down 1.5 % for March 2018.
Good news for casinos, bad news for local business: Those who stayed home to gamble online, helped make up some of that loss. Internet gaming revenue was up 17% from March 2017.
- Golden Nugget continues to amaze. Up 24%, year over year.
- Caesars was the biggest loser. Down 25%, year over year.
- As usual, Borgata was the top money maker, pulling in $65 million.
- Harrah’s was up 7 %.
- Resorts was down 9.2 %.
- Both Tropicana & Bally’s were down 7.3 %
- Caesars Interactive-NJ was up 40%
For the first quarter of 2018, Atlantic City’s casinos are down 6%, year over year.