Atlantic City was buzzing on Wednesday, April 5 as Hard Rock International unveiled plans for the former Trump Taj Mahal Casino on the Boardwalk.
Hard Rock CEO Jim Allen hosted the press conference. “The significance of this day is that we’re committed to hire 3,000 people. We are confident we can grow the market, not just take from other properties” says Allen.
Hard Rock Atlantic City property is expected to open: Summer 2018
Gov Christie: It’ a significant impact on the local economy. It’s a rebirth of Atlantic City. That’s why the State invested in AC. The state will do “whatever we need to do to get the previous governmental obstacles out of the way.”
We’re bringing this city back,” said Senator Sweeney, giving credit to the Governor & the State.
Christie: The CRDA’s work with on an updated Masterplan will be helpful getting rid of outdated rules.
- Allen said that Mark Etess name will remain on the site’s entertainment venue.
- Radio host Pinky Kravitz was mentioned as someone who always wanted Hard Rock in AC.
- The ‘bones’ are tremendous. It cost $1.3 billion to build.
- Total redesign..not just new carpets. New bathrooms, furniture,…everything
- Hard Rock has entertainment power…..to attract visitors 7 night a week.