State Senator Dr. Jeff Van Drew has declared his candidacy for Congress in New Jersey’s Second Congressional District.
Van Drew is a Democratic member of the New Jersey State Senate, representing District 1. He served in the New Jersey General Assembly from 2002 to 2007, and served as assistant majority leader in the Assembly from 2006 to 2007.
“It will be the honor of a lifetime to represent South Jersey in Congress” said Van Drew. “My top priority in Congress will be to find ways to bring economic opportunity and good jobs to South Jersey”.
Considered a moderate, voters on both sides of the aisle typically have good things to say about Van Drew.
Van Drew earned his B.S. from Rutgers University. His D.D.S from Fairleigh Dickinson University Dental School started his early career working as a family dentist.
Van Drew (D) looks to fill the seat of Frank LoBiondo (R) who recently announced his retirement, allegedly sensing political winds of change in South Jersey. Early chatter suggests that others may soon throw their hat into the ring, like outgoing Atlantic City Mayor Don Guardian and Vince Polistina.
I want to be a Congressman for every resident of South Jersey, no matter what party.
- Small business owner in Atlantic County, where he has practiced dentistry for more than 35 years.
- Lives in Cape May County
- Lifelong member of the Ocean View Fire Company.
- Dr. Van Drew currently serves 1/3 of the district in the State Senate, including all of Cape May County and portions of Cumberland and Atlantic counties.
- A one-time Cape May County Freeholder
- Previously served as mayor of Dennis Township.
- Van Drew has more bills signed into law than any other legislator in New Jersey.