Do beach concerts help the economy of Atlantic City? Do taxpayers and other stake holders benefit from the millions that are allocated to concert promoters like LIVE NATION?
Several questions have been raised, and remain unanswered.
- Why does the CRDA provide millions to concert promoters like LIVE NATION?
- Does the city benefit from each ticket sold?
- How many PAID tickets are there, for each concert? Why doesn’t Atlantic City share that info?
- What’s more valuable to Atlantic City? A beach concert or a safer, brighter, well-lit tourism district?
- Will Gilliam and City Council represent Northside, as well as Southside concerns?
- Is Mayor Gilliam a fan of country music?
- The CRDA board features only 2 members that represent best interest of Atlantic City residents: Gary Hill and Mayor Frank Gilliam. Will they occasionally push back against 15 other members?