Who will be the next Mayor of Atlantic City? Voters got a peek during a live debate between Marty Small and Tom Forkin on Tuesday, Oct. 13, at Stockton’s Atlantic City campus.
Current Atlantic City Mayor Marty Small has been a member of City Council since 2003. Forkin is a former assistant city solicitor. The race is for a one-year unexpired term created when former Mayor Frank Gilliam resigned last year. Small was appointed to fill that spot temporarily.
Stockton hosted the Atlantic City Mayoral Debate on Oct. 13 with Press of Atlantic City and Triax57 Streaming Services.
Topics discussed during the Forkin vs Small debate:
Atlantic City is currently operating under state control. It could be extended beyond 2021.
- Black Lives Matter Riots of May 31. Did Small do everything he could to stop Steve Young?
- Lack of diversity on the CRDA Board of Directors. Only 1 person of color on the 17 member board.
- Need for more police on the street.
- Homeless & social services.
- Boardwalk violence.
- Need for more housing development.
- Was NOBE a good investment? Section 8? Half empty?
- Rising taxes and loss of ratables.
- Atlantic City operating under state control. Could be extended beyond 2021.