Walt & Roy Disney, the Morey’s of Wildwood, the Gilians of Ocean City and the Catanoso’s of Steel Pier…. those who saw the future economic benefit of family-friendly attractions. Anthony Catanoso of Steel Pier was a special guest on the Mel Taylor Show, on WPG Talk Radio 1450 in Atlantic City.
Friday, Dec 18. Click to Listen on-Demand.
[smart_track_player url=”http://acprimetime.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/STEEL-PIER-CATANOSO-FINAL-EDIT.mp3″ title=”Tony Catanoso Talks Steel Pier 2016″ social=”true” social_twitter=”true” social_facebook=”true” social_gplus=”true” social_email=”true” ]
One of the most iconic, most legendary assets in Atlantic City is the Steel Pier.
Built in 1898, Steel Pier played host to the biggest and best performers. Sinatra, Jagger, The Three Stooges, The Diving Horse, Louie Prima and more.
Today, Steep Pier is being re-invented by Anthony Catanoso & crew.
Rides, attractions, music and fun. After 20 years of leasing Steel Pier from Donald Trump, Anthony and his brothers, along with another partner, decided to buy the 1,000 ft pier from Trump. Before the Catanoso’s took over, it was primarily being used as a private heli-pad for Trump.
Atlantic City Steel Pier. New Attractions for Summer & Fall 2016 >
- 4 Person Zip Line. 140 ft in the air…A 700 foot ride from the ocean tip of Steel Pier to the Boardwalk in front of Landshark & Margaritaville.
- Observation Wheel: 200+ ft high. Shooting for late Summer / Fall 2016 grand opening.
- 3 months to build foundation and then 3 months to erect the wheel. Engineering issues being dealt with now.
- 15-minute rides in enclosed climate-controlled gondolas attract visitors year-round.
- Steel Pier ‘Bridge” 30,000 sq. ft. of space that crosses over the Boardwalk. Amazing views….quite possibly the BEST views along the Atlantic City Boardwalk. It could house 2 new tenants/attractions by Summer 2016.
1000 Boardwalk, Atlantic City, NJ 08401
Closed til Spring 2016